Crawl Space Encapsulation Measures for Pest Control
Crawl spaces are any entryways that are conducive to providing a good breeding environment for harmful pests in your home. This is a pest infestation issue most homeowners know little about, and yet it is instrumental in the development of various types of infestations over time whether they be of rodents, termites, cockroaches, or any other species of pests and insects.
Any reputable and efficient pest control professional company around Los Angeles will in most cases recommend a thorough course of action if you have an ongoing infestation (or a recurrent one). The issue of crawl spaces doesn’t just apply to an entryway, but also, to unchecked levels of moisture in the property. Because residual moisture can breed all sorts of pests and insects such as spiders, bed bugs, termites, and different types of pests, and other insects such as silverfish.
At any given time 50% of moisture present in the household air can be reduced by crawl space encapsulation. While it can be costly depending on the layout of your LA property, and particularly when you are looking to have the process carried out in a large commercial property. It is however a long-term investment that has various benefits including cost reduction of any pest control treatment, maintenance (or fumigation) service you’ll get. But first let’s look at:
How Crawl Spaces are Created
There are a number of ways in which crawl spaces can become a threat to your property and an open invitation to all kinds of unwanted pests.
- If the plumbing and or roofing is weak this can create entry points as pests and insects can scan the moisture levels in the air.
- If inadequate or improper drainage exists, either in your LA property particularly, or in nearby houses which results in the accumulation of drain water such as from the bathroom, kitchen or laundry.
- Presence of gutters that need maintenance critically haven’t been cleaned for a while. A tell-tale sign of this is if multiple houses in your area have become prey to similar infestations such as those of cockroaches, mice or rats.
- If the sewerage system has leakage, needs repair or isn’t functioning as intended.
- When there is a lot of woodwork in or around the property (e.g. roofing, flooring, walls) and you live in an area where dampness is commonly present throughout the year. Moisture can accumulate in the wood leading to structural damage especially when caused by pests such as termites.
And as you know that California’s climate varies widely due to its proximity to the coast allowing sea moisture to be carried through the air to urban areas. This weather system of California Coastline coupled with other factors are almost perfect breeding grounds for nasty pests such as Termites which are found throughout Los Angeles neighborhoods.
When you are searching for termite exterminators in Granada Hills or pest control professionals in San Fernando, Woodland Hills, Encino, Tarzana, Reseda, Bell Canyon, West Hills, Sherman Oaks, Mission Hills, Chatsworth, Sylmar, Calabasas, Northridge, North Hills, Studio City, Topanga and other nearby locations in California, get in touch with Maximum Pest Control Services for better and proven results.
Benefits of Investing in Crawl Space Encapsulation Services in Los Angeles
- There will be less fungus and other types of mold present in your property and materials such as wood and paper will be in better condition thus lasting longer.
- With crawl space encapsulation implemented energy (such as for heating, cooling, and dehumidifying) will also be better utilized and used more efficiently reducing your overall energy bills.
- Air quality with regards to hygiene will improve (termites and rats actually excrete toxic vapors into the air that can be harmful to human health particularly children and pets).
- Pests will have a hard time entering and settling into your property as there will be less space for them to create nests or colonies as there will be less humidity in the air. Crawl space encapsulation will also make cleaning of your home more easier as there will be less loose ends and crevices where pests can get through.
- Regular, perhaps yearly crawl space moisture management (including attic / basement waterproofing) can ensure longevity of your property and keep its value. Furthermore, keeping pests out will also ensure the health and wellbeing of your family.
All of our services are backed with a 100% satisfaction value for money guarantee. Being locally owned, licensed and insured pest control experts we offer the outcomes our valued customers rely on us for. Competitive rates, proven results and exceptional customer service is what you’ll get when you hire us.
When you send us a message using the button below, we’ll reply back according to pest problem you are facing, and then arrange a suitable time for initial property inspection. Simply press on the link below.