How Do You Make Natural Bug Spray Pesticides for Vegetable Gardens
Its perfectly natural to learn how to make your own homemade pesticides for your vegetable garden, after all, you don’t want that snails, pests or flying insects to devour your plants before harvest, thus, finding ways to ward off pests naturally is part of home gardening.
You are growing your Vegetables to eat for yourself and or feed your family, that is why health and safety is important when you are wanting to mix your own organic bug sprays. But the efforts of gardening is worth it because as you know, there is nothing quite like that taste of organic fruits and vegetables.
When our valued customers ask us ‘how do you make homemade bug spray for vegetable garden?’ we’ll usually recommend these practical guides for preparing natural and organic pesticides for general home gardens.
Tomato Leaves Spray
Members of the “Nightshade vegetables” such as tomatoes along with potatoes, eggplants, capsicum and Chili peppers foliage (leafy parts of the plant) contains toxic compounds called alkaloids.
Alkaloids can be used for controlling Aphids (Aphids are small sap-sucking insects) when applied in the form of a spray made from soaked leaves.
How to Make Tomato Leaves Spray for Pest Control
- Chop up or grind 2 cups of tomato leaves
- Soak in 1 liter of water overnight
- Next day, strain the liquid (throw away left over leaves)
- Add additional 1 liter of water to the solution
- Place in spray bottle and apply by lightly spraying the mixture on and around your garden plants
Neem Oil Spray
Neem oil is a naturally occurring pesticide found in seeds from the neem tree. Neem oil insecticide can be used to kill many pests including Aphids, Japanese beetles, Whiteflies, Spider mite, Moth larvae, Scale insect. Pests consume leaves of plants sprayed with Neem oil die off soon after consumption. Application can be used on: Farm Land, Flower Bed, Fruit Trees, Garden, Greenhouse, Home, Lawn, Path & Patio, Pond.
To make 1 liter of neem oil spray for your home garden. Get a hold of 2 liter of empty spray bottle and slowly pour:
- 2 milliliter of liquid soap > 1 liter of water > 5 milliliter of neem oil.
Gently shake the spray bottle to mix the contents. That’s all there is to it, its now ready to use.
Garlic Pepper Tea Spray
Garlic has been consumed by humans for as long as recorded history. Once again, Garlic having medicinal properties for most humans can also be used as organic pesticides and natural insecticide. You can create your own mixture of Pepper Spray and use it as an effective organic garden pest repellant.
How to Make Organic Garlic Pepper Tea Spray for Controlling Pests
Prepare Ingredients. Warning: wear gloves and goggles.
- Finely chopped 1 garlic bulb
- Finely chopped 3 hot red chili peppers
- Finely chopped 1 whole small onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (not olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon liquid dishwashing soap (environmentally safe)
- 1 cup of hot water
How Do You Mix & Prepare Garlic Pepper Tea Spray
- All you have to do is add 1 cup of hot water to a blender and blend garlic bulb, hot red chili peppers and onion until smooth.
- Place mixture into a large container and let steep at least overnight (preferably longer).
- Pour mixture through sifter, and then add oil & soap, stir until mixed.
- At this stage you’ve created your highly concentrated mix.
- Add 1/4 (quarter) of your Garlic Pepper Tea concentrate inside a spray bottle (2 liter capacity) and fill with water. Gently shake before use.
- Lightly spray the mixture on and around your garden plants as needed.
Important to Remember When Dealing with Pests at Home or In Your Garden
Make sure to thoroughly wash all produce extra carefully upon harvesting if sprayed with any pesticides (including natural organic ones).
Keep in mind that although organic home made recipes are a good natural and healthy choice as an insect repellent, it is less useful in getting rid of existing insect and heavy pest invasions in the garden.
Professionally implemented integrated pest control and management may be more ideal for getting rid of an existing pest invasion. Because once the infestation is alleviated, organic home made sprays can then be used to prevent future issues particularly reoccurring problem insects.
Trusted Pest Control Company Serving Los Angeles Neighborhoods
You can rely on Maximum Pest Control Services for controlling, managing and preventing pests and insects infestation. We are proud of our track record and always ready to serve nearby Los Angeles surrounding areas including San Fernando, Woodland Hills, Encino, Tarzana, Reseda, Bell Canyon, West Hills, Sherman Oaks, Mission Hills, Chatsworth, Sylmar, Calabasas, Northridge, North Hills, Studio City, Topanga, Pest Control Service Granada Hills Los Angeles and others.
Maximum Pest Control Services also offers the most competitive rates for pest control and management throughout Los Angeles locations. We won’t be beaten on price, friendliness and fastest possible results.
Contact us for Better Pest Control Solutions