Dealing with Termites Using Holistic Pest Control Solutions
As far as we here at Maximum Pest Control Services believe, all pests are destructive. And yet, some pests cause different type of problems, whether its a health issue of a Wasp sting, or full blown out Rat infestation for the Los Angeles restaurant business owner. Above all else, when it comes to pest control and treatment Termites do top the list.
Termites are some of the most destructive pests out there for your home and valuables partly because they are hard to isolate and harder yet to eliminate since they spread quickly and have a voracious appetite. If you suspect your property may be the victim of a termite infestation or you want to take preemptive measures then there are some tips that can help curb the spread of termites.
Keep in mind that our pest control professionals are ready to offer you comprehensive and effective Termite Control if you are living in or around San Fernando, Woodland Hills, Encino, Tarzana, Reseda, Bell Canyon, West Hills, Sherman Oaks, Mission Hills, Chatsworth, Sylmar, Calabasas, Northridge, North Hills, Studio City, Topanga, Granada Hills and other neighborhoods in LA.
Don’t Make Your Home Attractive for Termites
Certain aspects make a house attractive for termites to live, breed, and make colonies in. Termites thrive on wood, as such, wood furniture and floors and paper and cardboard such as books is where they begin looking for food sources. They are also attracted to older houses or storage areas where the air pressure may be compressed or there is dampness and humidity present.
Wood that is continuously exposed to water and or is decaying can also provide the perfect environment for these dangerous pests called termites (eusocial insects) to infest. Best way to stop the problem before it becomes an infestation is to triple check the surroundings of your property, give it a thorough termite inspection through termite control services.
Pinpoint the Signs of Termite Infestation
Here are a few signs that may reveal a developing termite problem, or that your property is in an advanced stage of termite infestation. In many cases, a termite infestation begins in places which a homeowner may not think to check very often such as basement storage or the back of bookshelves.
- One of the best ways to check for termite presence is to check the structure of the property. Evaluate the drywall, flooring, and any other aspects of the construction of your house where wood has been used as the primary material. If the wood feels hollow, weak, or has holes or signs of burrowing in it, then you may definitely be a victim of a termite infestation.
- Look out for Frass, which resembles sawdust and wood particles as this is something most species of termites leave when they are burrowing into a piece of wood structure or furniture like a shelf. The only good news is that this means you may still be able to save that piece of furniture as frass is found in the early stages of a termite colony building.
- Termites thrive in colonies (not much differently from regular ants) and in order to get food back and forth from that location they make tubes from the wood or paper residue, which usually looks like a mud tunnel to the human eye. If you do see these mud tubes on your wall or anywhere in your house, you need to invest in termite treatment programs or simply get in touch with Termite Control experts in Los Angeles California.
Precautionary Measures for Homeowners
- Gutters and vents in and around the house can hold dampness and moisture as organic elements such as leaves can get stuck in them. Make sure you cover up small or ignored entryways and vents into your home and use a dehumidifier to lessen the moisture in the air. Keep your gutters covered and clean (especially ones next to the kitchen or on the roof) to lessen the chances of termites finding it ideal environment to nest.
- Storing wood (especially logs for the fire) inside the house or nearby is also a risky business as they can attract termites from nearby locations. Use special sprays and keep the wood dry and stored in a separate garage or barn.
- Always remove dead foliage such as fallen leaves from the roof and elsewhere in the house as they can also carry insects termites into your home. Stumps in your garden from trees that were cut or thick bushes that haven’t been trimmed can also invite an infestation.
Termite Control Services Los Angeles CA
By the nature of pest problems is that most people leave it hoping that the pests will just move on over time. Yet, nothing could be further from truth when it comes to Termite Infestation. It has been recorded that in some cases of Termite attacks to structure of property has cost the property owner to lose the entire property due to structural damage termites can cause.
As you can imagine, if left unchecked, termite infestation can quickly become a very serious problem to deal with on your own. We rather you not wait around for these little nasty insects to eat away your property. Instead, rely on Maximum Pest Control Services licensed and above all else experienced termite exterminators.